11/10/09

Weekend

I missed a day. Gulp. And here I was trying to blog everyday this month. I guess that is out the window! If I blog twice in one day, will that right things?

The weekend is over and it is time to pick up the pieces once again. It doesn't even feel like we had a weekend. We were crazy busy. We had dinner with family both nights. I attended a cooking class on Monday and then had a facial. I got some much deserved 'me' time. But what was missing - oh, time as a family? Yup. Last night, as my husband and I cuddled trying to wind down for a few minutes before bed, we discussed how busy we were this weekend and both came to the conclusion that we missed the weekend because we missed spending time as a family. Isn't that nice. It's so wonderful that we love each other so much.

My cooking class yesterday was fantastic. The class was instructed by Chef Dez who was very funny, entertaining, and knew his stuff. I learned how to make pasta from scratch with a variety of sauces. I have always wanted to make fresh pasta and now I know how. We tried to make pasta as a family in the summer. The twins had a blast, but the result was awful. Looking back, we did almost everything wrong that you could possibly do. I will have to try it out on the weekend.

We had Turkey Dinner at my mom's last night. It was delish. She sent me home with left overs, so I am going to try to make Turkey Pot Pie from scratch. I always make the insides from scratch, but this time I am going to try the pastry crust too!!

Twin1 didn't want to put his rain jacket on this morning, so I explained that he needed it because it was raining out side. He replied with, "All right, mom." It struck me as a very grown up response. He actually understands my explanation and responded with more than a one word answer.

Well, mom's got the twins this morning, so I am going to try and nap while the baby is asleep. Maybe I can still fight off this cold. I think it has finally won the battle, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment