11/6/09

Grey

I feel a little like the weather today. Grey. We went to Strong Start this morning. There were only 6 kids there. It was really nice to have such a small group of kids. Yesterday, we went and there were about 20 kids. With that many kids, I tend to spend the entire time with my back clenched waiting for one of the twins to barrell one of the other kids over.

Yesterday, at Strong Start, I witnessed a sad moment with my twins. I am sure that some would look at the incident with pride, but I was quite saddened. After gym time, the kids always sit around the table and have a healthy snack. The twins tend to stick together like glue. They line up behind one another to wash hand and they sit next to each other at the table. Yesterday, though, was different. They each got in two different lines to wash their hands. Which resulted in my jumping back and forth between the lines, saying excuse me, excuse me, as I bumped in to all the other parents with the baby in my arms. Twin1 was already seated at the table and Twin2 joined him. After a few seconds, Twin1 got up and found a seat at the other table where he stayed to finish his snack. Today, as there were fewer children and only one table to sit at, they did not sit together, but apart. This has never happened before. I don't know if they are starting to seek independence from each other, or not. They did not seem to be unhappy with each other, but there was definitely a conscious choice to sit apart.

I always envisioned that they would be joined at the hips and would do everything together. Although I new they would eventually develop different interests, I certainly didn't expect them to start so soon. They just grow up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment