11/5/09

Good Night's

Night, night is one of my, no, is my favorite time of the day. It is the time when all of the days hustle and bustle, meltdowns and messes can be put to rest. It is the time when all is forgotten and love abounds.

Night, night is usually right around 7pm for all three kids at the moment.

The baby
I place him in the crib and say night, night. The first thing he does is lay flat on his blanket and give it a hug, as if to say, "Ah, I'm home." Then he sits up, plays and sings for a bit, whines for a bit and eventually falls asleep hugging his blanket.

The twins
We walk down stairs with our milk. Both organize their bed for the night - toys placed in the correct spot. For twin1, he puts a machine on the bottom shelf of his side table and a stuffed animal in his bed, usually one of my husband's old bears. Twin2 collects as many things as he can fit in the three drawers of his night stand and then strategically stacks a few items on the top, careful not to let them fall, and a stuffed animal in his bed. Twin2 then nestles himself into the corner of his bed because he doesn't want to hurt Thomas, by sleeping on him (He has a Thomas the Tank Engine Pillow Case). Blankets are pulled up around their chests and my husband and I alternate kiss. Sippy's are handed out. At the door, we give a round of, "Miss you. Love you. Miss hockey (or which ever sport is on their minds at the time)." Sometimes they list off family members and say they miss them, sometimes they list off toys.

My husband and I always head up stairs with a big sigh of contentment knowing that we are doing the best we can and they still love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment