11/2/09

Mommy's Gotta go to Work

"Mommy's gotta go to work," rang through the house this morning. I awoke at 5am thinking I this was just another weekend Monday. No plans really. Just a nice day spent as a family.

At 8am I received a call from the school that I offered to TOC for. The principal said, "It's November. Can you work today?" I couldn't think of any reason not to. My husband was home today. I had been away last Monday at a cooking class, so really I couldn't use the baby as an excuse. I was ready and heading out the door in 20 minutes. I mean, there isn't much to do when you have been up since 5am already. All the kids and husband had already eaten and the baby was down for his 1st nap.

I had a great day. The class was easy. No problems. I even came home at lunch and fed the baby. I guess all the stress and anticipation wasn't all that necessary. I was, however, asked to work tomorrow and I politely declined. Two days in a row is a bit much.

The twins had their daycare trial this afternoon. My husband dropped them off at 1pm. They didn't even turn around to say goodbye. They just barreled into all the toys. I picked them up at 3pm after work and they didn't even notice me. Twin2 actually asked if he could stay longer. "More time, mom," he pouted. To refer to the Staples slogan, "That was easy!"

Why do I make things so much harder than they have to be? I guess all the worry is really me. I need to get over myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment