11/17/09

Craziness

So, so much has happened in the matter of 2 days. First of all, Twin1 is sick. Sick, as in, in the hospital with an asthma attack, sick. My husband took him in to emerg last night around 8 and he was released this morning at 8 with specific instructions to do nothing but take his medicines and to go back to emerg at 1pm to be reassessed. To facilitate the 'do nothing' portion, Papa was nice enough to watch twin2 for the day. I am not sure that twin1 is getting any better. I think he may be getting a little worse. We'll have to wait and see. If he does get worse, it looks like we'll be in for a transfer down the valley and a couple nights in the hospital. We did manage to go a year with out an attack. We are doing better.

At the moment, twin2 has a cold and we have started him on all his meds. The cold has not progressed into an asthma attack yet.

In the midst of all this, I have begun to make a quilt and it is almost down. I copied a lovely quilt that was given to the twins when they were born. It is pretty easy, so it is a good one to start with. I never thought I would have the desire, but now that I have so much time in the evenings because all the kids go to bed at 7pm, I find that I am getting to let my creative self out once again. Quilts, though? I guess this is because my mother just gave me her old sewing machine and flannel was on half price at the local fabric store. Why not?

Yesterday, the twins had their first dentist apt. It did not go well. Twin2 went first and screamed the entire time. Thus, nothing but sitting in the chair was accomplished. Twin1 held his hands over his mouth. We were told to reschedule for 6 months from now. I guess we had to start sometime, though.

I made pasta the other night. My sister and I had taken a pasta making class the previous Monday and this weekend I decided to give it a try. My first 'flour well' was not large enough. When I added the wet ingredients, the dam broke and all the liquids escaped. On my second try, I made the well large enough, but some how measured wrong. I ended up with way too much liquid and kept having to add flour. Several hours later, with the help of my husband and the twins, and a cranky/stuffy baby, we ate past dinner. It was delish. I don't think I need to give it a try again for another 6 months, though.

In an effort to provide shade and privacy in the back yard, my husband planted 4 more trees this weekend. That now makes 8 trees in the back yard. I think it will all look beautiful when it grows in.

How is that for a crazy few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment