11/8/09

Joke of the Day

Q: When do kids adjust to the time change?



A: HA. Never. They wait another 6 months for it to change back to their schedule.



4am came very early this morning. And, yes, I did manage to not return the huge smile the baby was using to provoke me out of bed. All he got was a grumble from me and a snore from his dad before I whisked him upstairs to play. I finally got him back to sleep at 5:20am, got myself to sleep, when I heard the pitter patter of little feet and the yell of, "Daddy, Mooooom," at 5:40am.

My husband thought I was still up with the baby, so he told the twins to go upstairs. Resulting in the baby once again sitting up and giving a huge grin, as if to say, "Finally, it's time to wake up. Enough of this sleep thing. Lets play." This time the grin was received by a groan from me.
Twin2 is showing a few signs of his asthma emerging once again. It has been over a year from our last attack. We have got him totally drugged on all his puffers. So far the cough has not turned in to a wheeze. We are hoping to keep it that way. He is so like me. If he misses out on a little sleep, as he has done with this wicked time change, then he immediately gets sick.
I told my husband about this night lite I found on line. He told me to buy it right now. So I did. I hope it works.
We are off to the cuz's today for dinner and to pick up our new (old) couch. My brother and parents are also going to join us. Should be fun. I also plan to hit the sale at the Fabric Store and see what gems I can come away with. My husband wants to pick the twins up some hockey gloves. I am not too sure how this is going to go, since they still refuse to even venture onto the ice for more than 3 minutes. (Snicker, snicker) I am still hoping they take to skiing before hockey!!! My husband of course is trying to push the hockey - hence the gloves. Perhaps the gloves will remain dress-up attire. I'd be okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment