11/14/09

Natural Medicine

My mother and I went for our massages yesterday. We thought we were going to have to take all three kids with us and then would have to figure out what to do with them as we took turns with our massages in the middle of the city, but my Dad offered to watch the twins for the day. So we just had the baby with us. No biggy. He quite likes his time spent with his Nan.

The massages went well. My back is quite a bit looser. I now just need to keep it that way with some warm showers and stretching because I won't be able to get another massage anytime soon. My mother saw much relief this time for her extremely painful neck. Last week, she and my sister went for three days of massage in a row and the RMT suggested some enzymes for my mother to take. My sister already takes them for her digestion and feels they work wonders. Within a few days, my mother has benefited from the enzymes. She says that her neck is no longer extremely painful, but just a bother. Isn't that great. With massage, hopefully she can see some relief finally. Now I have my sister looking into whether or not I can take these enzymes while nursing the baby. It would be great if I could start feeling some relief from something that is natural. I sometimes resort to anti-inflammatories and feel very guilty when I do because of the baby.

So, now I wonder. Why do doctors not prescribe more natural medicines when they seem to have such great results? Is it just the lack of study/research or is it $$$? My mother and I had this discussion in the car yesterday and she believes doctors are prejudiced.

My twins suffer from allergies and asthma. Currently, twin2 is on a steroid puffer daily and steroid cream as needed. Both of these are harmful after long term use and he has now been on them for over a year. The steroid cream, specifically, is known to suppress the immune system. I am in the process of making an appointment with a Homeopath to see if there are natural remedies for these problems. Hopefully I can get some answers. I have heard Vitamin D and Colloidal Silver can produce results, but just how much is needed/when do you take it? I don't feel comfortable just going with the advice of the health food store owner, but would like a guide to keep an watch on our progress. I have the number for a high school friend of my sisters. I will have to give here a call Monday.

Oh, speaking of Monday. The twins have their first dentist appointment!

We made some hobby horses for the twins the other night. They are quite taken with them at the moment. Sorry about the picture quality. My camera is on some sort of setting that is not conducive with my photo taking abilities.

And look at this cute bottom. I couldn't resist.




No comments:

Post a Comment