12/15/09

Work

I am actually at work today. Although, I have to say that it kind of feels like a bit of downtime while the kids are sleeping. I keep waiting for the shoe to drop.

My wonderful mother is watching all three kids today. I stopped my at lunch and the potty training was not going. My mother was hoping to shame them into peeing on the potty at their request and of course pooping on the potty.. I guess we'll see if it works.

My day has been an absolute breeze. At the moment, I don't even have any kids. I guess it is because it's before Christmas Break and a lot of the classes have parties, and are decorating classrooms and such. My poor classes never got to do all that stuff. Sure, I had movies every once in a while, but not the teacher/parent induced 'festivities' that they were used to. This morning, I watched a cartoon movie for two hours. Here I thought I was getting away from cartoons. Hmph.

My husband had his first day on his new job today. He is now the Commercial and Small Fleet Sales Manager at the GM store. Still with the Mertin Auto Group, of course. We are extremly pleased with this change. He was ready for another challenge. Hopefully now he will get to utilize some of his talent and abilities. Ya. I have heard it said that a happy wife = happy family. All I care about is that my family is happy, so really... A happy family = happy wife. Of course it is great when they all do what I say!! He, he.

My husband and I had a blast at his holiday party. There was a band and all they played was oldies rock. It was awesome. I love dancing.

Well, the bell is about to go. Back to the real work - being a mom. It was nice to have a bit of a break and make some money, though. I already have plans for what I am going to buy myself - an undermount radio for the kitchen. That way I can listen to music while I cook. Then all I will have to do is wait for the holiday music to cease. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment