12/21/09

Shopping pour Moi

Long, long night last night. None of the kids wanted to sleep all that well. Perhaps that was because we were out and about yesterday and didn't stick to a schedule?

We headed out of the house early yesterday to drop my husband's brother at the airport. The kids had a blast running around in all that space. The baby squealed with glee continuously as he walked around freely with no toys to trip over.

Today, I had a sewing lesson in the morning. I learned a bunch of great tips about the machine. I really enjoyed myself. I was a little skeptical at first, but I definitely walked away with some useful info.

After the lesson, I headed over to the mall to buy a couple shirts for myself. You know, ones that aren't covered in food stains or tears. I went to the Gap because I had a gift card. I haven't been in that store since the twins were first born - 3 years ago. I felt weird. And oddly enough, I had a hard time remaining in the ladies section. I kept drifting into the kids section, thinking that the twins would look great in those jeans, or wouldn't the baby look adorable in that hat. I even found myself standing in front of the men's dress shirts thinking my husband would look great in that shirt. I ended up walking away with 2 shirts for myself and oodles of money left on the gift card. I couldn't imagine spending more on myself. Oh how things have changed. In the past, I wouldn't have thought twice about dropping cash on clothes. Now, there are so many other things, and if it isn't on sale, I won't even look at it!!. Wow. I didn't predict this change. I guess I will have to go back again and see what else I can find. I do need a belt! Thanks for the gift card Uncle C.

I quickly sped home after the shopping feeling guilty about all this time I had to myself. It is kind of nice to leave every once in awhile, though. When I walked in the house I got the running hugs and big hello. It was nice to know I was missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment