12/26/09

Live from the Ski Hill

Wahoo. I've still got it. I have skied the last two days and I am awesome. I have energy, strength, and endurance. Wahoo. I had no idea that all I had to do was lose weight. Wahoo. I even did three runs today top to bottom. Okay, I had a few rolling stops, but not official stops. Fun, Fun. And, I have gotten to ski with my mother again. Wonderful. It is a very special thing to be able to still ski 'Blacks' and 'Double Blacks' with my mother. She is truly amazing.

The kids have been awesome. They are getting better and better on the skis. They have not yet ventured onto the ski hill. We are still on the cat track behind the house, but they are going faster and faster, and further and further. Nan and Papa got them skis and boots, so now they can head out anytime and for as long as they would like. Ya, Nan and Papa. Thank you.

Everyone up here has been having a blast with all the kids. It is so wonderful that we get this opportunity to all be together for a week. And we all get along so well. We just mesh. What great family I have. Oh, and my husband has finally arrived. He was very muchly missed for the few days we were with out him. We just aren't complete until he is here. Speaking of complete, my sister still isn't here. We are all a bit erked with her. She arrived home from Africa last Sunday and just had to spend some time readjusting at her house!!! Doesn't she know that she could have done that here..... (kidding, we understand fully, I just need to do a little rubbing).

We are all eating extremely well, as families tend to do when together. We all pitch in and make a dinner each night. We have had ribs, turkey, and stuffed chicken. Yum. Oh, and don't forget the multitudes of treats - chocolates, chips, candies. I am making sure that I keep active with the kids/skiing throughout the day, so that I can indulge a little.

I have been having a blast playing in the snow with the twins. They love throwing snow, sledding, and making snow angels. I having been waiting for this for so long, it is finally here, and it is better than I could have imagined. I love playing with the hooligans in the snow. The only problem is that they have so much fun during the day that come dinner they are too tired and, thus, CRANKY. Ug. But, I thing all the fun is well worth a little crank.

More later, when I get a change to steal my brother's computer. Thanks bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment