12/11/09

Late Night, Early Morning

We had a late night last night. All 3 kids had a nap yesterday, at the same time. Wahoo. Except, I was also watching my nephew who didn't want to sleep. As a result of the nap, the twins stayed up late to watch a movie. We started off watching Monsters vs. Aliens, but they asked us to turn it off because it was too scary. I like that they know their limits and aren't afraid to express them. So, we switched to "The Little Polar Bear", which twin1 picked out. It was a cute cartoon and was received much better. At 9:30, I sent the twins to bed, did a few last minute things around the house, and I went off to bed. At 10:30, twin2 opened the bedroom door complaining that his rooster (a blown up latex glove) was broken. They were still up! I fell asleep and they continued to play in their room!! Good thing they didn't get adventurous and head out of the house. I put them back in to bed and then remained up for the next hour making sure that they really were asleep and not just pretending. My husband was playing hockey.

Despite the late night, both were up at 6:00am. I don't mind the early mornings, but they are probably going to nap again today because of the late night + early morning = another late night. Ug.

We went to "Strong Start" this morning. We had a great time as always. It was library day. They are doing better at sitting, but they still fidget a lot. I think that this is okay. I don't think that 3 year old's should have to stay still and stare at the teacher for a long time. I think that kids should be moving and reacting to the book. I don't know. Some kids seem to be great at focusing. My kids like to move around and I don't think it is a bad thing. I let them move around, but other mom's in the group try to get the twins to sit, stop kicking, cross your legs..... I am not sure what age that this should be enforced, if ever. I taught some kids who had to keep moving to stay focused. Take me for example, when I watch a movie or read a book, I am always fidgeting. Rarely do I sit completely still. In fact, as I sit here typing, I am curling my toes. Perhaps, it is not so much the fidgeting, but the type of fidgeting. I guess, teaching appropriate fidgeting may be required at some point, but not now.

We have a busy weekend planned. My husbands Christmas party is Saturday. There is going to be a band. I get to go dancing. I am very excited. Then, on Monday, both my husband and I have Dentist appointments. I despise the dentist. I am having two fillings replace. Yick.

No comments:

Post a Comment