12/12/09

Itch

I had the itch to get out of the house today. I phoned up my mother and off we went to visit "The Greats." We had a wonderful visit. Grandma was up and about. She even got on the floor and played with the boys. Wow. It was truly wonderful to see. Grandpa looks good too. He was excited that he had lost 11 lbs. over the year. He just got a new GPS and was fiddling around with it. He now knows how to get to my mother's house!! He said he would wait for my next visit to put my address in and learn how to get to my house!!!! Giggle. Aren't they wonderful. 84 and still going strong.

All the kids were great on the trip. We even managed two stops. One to a sewing store so my mother could yell at the lady who sold her a program with glitches in it. Grrrr. She was not happy to have to do this and was quite worked up when finished. We also managed a quick jet through Costco. And we really were quick. On a weekend and everything. Who knew.

All the kids slept on the way home, so I even got to unload the car and put everything away before things started to melt/spoil.....

At the moment, I am sitting in my house coat, sucking all my loose twin skin in with a body slimmer, wearing way too much makeup, waiting for my husband to finish getting ready for his staff party tonight. He, he. Men take so long to get ready! I have been trying to loose just a few more pounds so that I could wear my mothers 30 year old poppy dress. It is beautiful. I have always wanted to wear it, but was either not small enough or had no event to wear it to. Tonight, I get to wear it. I will have to remember my camera and get a picture of my dashing husband and myself. I can't wait to start dancing. I love dancing.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment