10/7/09

Words

I love all of the new words that the twins are learning.

Twin2's favorite phrase right now is, "Later, mom." And he doesn't just say it, he says it with attitude, "Laater, muum." Like he is trying to tell me to leave him alone and give him some space. Another one from Twin2 is, "OOkaaay, Mum." I have no idea where they pick these things up. I don't talk to them like that. And the few TV shows they watch don't have characters that talk like that. I have no idea. A new one that I heard today from twin2 is, "Yup." Not, yes or yah, but, "Yup." To the opposite of that, he has also added, "Nope," into his repertoire.

Twin1 isn't quite as quick to pick up on new words, or slang. But one that I hope I never forget is that he now calls me, "Mumma." I love it. It sounds so old fashioned, but so genuine.

Both the boys say I love you the same way, "La, La."

If you ask twin2 his name, he replies with, "me." Although, my sister says that he clearly told her his name on the phone the other day when she asked who she was talking to. Twin2 has also added a new pronoun into the mix - us. He asked twin1 and dad to wait for him and I, "Wait us." I love it. The 2 or 3 word sentences.

As with many twins, however, the sign language that they develped at such an early age has not disappeared. They still manage to communicate the most complicated plans with just a few gestures. They were trying to teach their cousin to throw a ball the other day with just gestures and the cousin didn't get it. Their gesture language is all their own.

I wish I had a recorder to capture all of these great first, and sometimes I wish last - especially the attitude, bits of verbiage.

No comments:

Post a Comment