10/16/09

Boys are so NOT Girls

Potty training is going fairly well. They can now pee on demand. Which is great because trips to the potty are now seconds long, as opposed to hours (literally). Twin1 spent the better part of a day on the potty once. Potty's are now in the bathroom, instead of in front of the TV. The twins are now no longer scared of the big toilet - although the toilet at my in-laws still gives me a freight every flush (Wooooosh). We have had several nights of pee free pull ups. We have had several trips out of the house and even some longish car rides with no accidents. So all in all, I am very happy with their progress. It definitely didn't take the week that I thought it would take - more like a month and a half. That being said, we are no where near poop trained.

Today, I ventured out of the house and off to school. I noticed a pee grab at one point from twin2 - the signal that a potty break is needed. There is still no verbal sign given. So, off to the toilet I go. He successfully got himself up on the big potty only to pee all over his pants and the floor. He was pretty good at trying to redirect, but with no success. Aim was just not there today. As the pee kept shooting higher and higher, all I could do was giggle. Boys are so not girls. This would never happen to a girl. I told him not to worry about it because he sat on the potty. I proceeded to clean up the pee that was all over the floor, got a new outfit and off we went. Twin1 thankfully did not have this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment