10/26/09

Just Another Day

Ah, fall weekend mornings: a cup of tea, couple sippy's of milk, and cartoons. I love weekend mornings. Especially when they are lazy ones in the fall - it is still dark outside and you can hear the rain dancing (he, he...not on my tongue) on the skylight. No phones ringing, no children screeching...just peace and quiet and the rain.

Moments ago, the twins took it upon themselves to help feed the baby cheerios. A snapped a photo while the baby giggled with glee.



I am off for a little 'me' time today. I am taking a cooking class down the valley with my sister and then I get to do some child free shopping at the fabric store and Costco. I am a little nervous about leaving all three kids with my husband for so long. This will be his first time. I am sure that he will do great, but I am nervous nonetheless.

It's time to refill the freezer with meat once again. This seems to need doing about every 3 months. Costco is the best deal around here. I take a cooler, buy in bulk, then get it home and repackage it in dinner sized portions. The portions seem to be getting bigger and bigger with the growing twins. Twin2 is in feeding frenzy stage at the moment. Another growth spurt is on the way.

At the fabric store, I am picking up some essentials for making curtains in the kitchen. I am finally going to use the fabric that I purchased 3 years ago to recover the $20 sofa we had purchased at a garage sale. My cousin is giving us their couch because they have purchased new ones, so the musty garage sale find is outta here. Ya. Now I have a tonne of fabric and nothing to do with it, so drapes it will become. Finally, I can enter the kitchen and not have to look right at the lady who lives behind us standing in her kitchen window with a cigarette in one hand, beer in the other and the telephone in the crook of her neck. Some days she is on the phone at 7am **** Funny story. My husband was replacing the back fence this summer and this same neighbor called him over to look at it from her deck view. She thought she was helping by telling my husband the fence was really crooked. The fence was not crooked, she was very drunk.... Hence the tall fence being built.****

Well, duty calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment