1/5/10

Vega Testing

Twin1 had his Vega testing done yesterday to determine any food intolerance he many have that contribute to his asthma/eczema. This test is a little controversial, but if it works then I will be very happy and so will twin1. He will finally be able to sleep without scratching.

The results: He is intolerant to everything. I mean everything. Ug. So, we are in the process of eating all the foods he shouldn't eat and replacing it with food that he can eat. Once that has happened, then we begin Phase 1 of riding his body of bad yeast. This entails a very strict diet for 14 days. We are all going to give it a try. After 14 days, we can introduce a fruit and yeast bread. This will be an adventure. However, if it works, I will be a proud and vocal supporter.

When we started seeing a naturopathic doctor, I said I was going to give this a try. I really want to get my kids off all the steroids and so on that they ingest everyday. I just cannot believe that it is healthy for them to take these things everyday for who knows how long. They now take their supplements without much protest. Twin1 still spits out his Omega supplement dribbling fish oil all over his clothes, which has gone through the wash and caused all our clothes to have a fishy scent. Despite that, I am pleased with things so far.

*********************

Oh. We are now the proud owners of 5 Danio fish. Fun, Fun. The twins quite like them. Fish, Fish, Fish. Soon all the neighborhood cats will be circling our house with the new pets and the fish oil scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment