3/31/10

Vacay

We are in Alberta on vacation visiting my husbands brother, Aunt, Uncle, and numerous cousins. So far we have spent a lot of time in the car. The toddler is pretty much done with the car. Little does he know we still have to drive home. We only manage about 2 hours of driving before we need to take a break, get out of the car, and run around. So far we have had some decent weather for all those stops. We did stop at one MacDonalds play place and decided that perhaps we would forgo that in the future. Disgusting. I am not sure they clean them after they install them. Ick.

The twins have discovered water slides and they are totally fearless. The first night, we stayed at a hotel with a spiral, tunnel, 2-storey slide. At first, I had to go tandem down the slide with each of them. I think I was more scared. My husband says that I hooted the entire way down. Oooh, ooh, ooooh. I think I must have sounded like my Grandma F. Thank goodness, the twins decided that I no longer needed to accompany them and they climbed to the top and went down themselves. I had to take the toddler and put him to bed, but my husband says that the twins proceeded to get more and more adventurous. I guess they were going down the slide head first, backwards, on tummy's. They were crazy. They even peer pressure one boy who was tentative, and older, into going down the slide.

Yesterday, my husband took the twins to an indoor water park. They started out at the kiddy section and within 2 minutes twin1 was asking to go up the big slide. After venturing to the wave pool, where twin2 body surfed the waves solo, the headed for one of the big slides. Upon reaching the bottom, they were informed that life preservers were not allowed in the big slides so they didn't get to go again, but they thoroughly enjoyed their one big ride. They were even big enough to ride the tube rides. They spent over 2 hours in the park and had an absolute blast. Even my husband came away saying what a great time they all had.

The twins are finally reaching an age where outings are no longer a huge amount of work, but are a lot of fun.

The toddler spends his time absorbing everything, trying to figure out how he can do all the same stuff the twins are doing.

So far, our vacay is a blast. I am hoping to steal away a few hours tomorrow for a spa visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment