3/20/10

Good Morning

It looks like it is going to be another beautiful day. A perfect day to clean up the vegetable boxes and get them ready for manure.

The twins and I cleaned up one box yesterday and planted a bunch of Sweet Peas. I hope they grow. I love the smell of them. I have yet to be successful growing them, though. I believe I have always planted them too late.?.

********

I had a not quite so beautiful morning a week ago that I thought I would share. This is pre-time change, so the kids were up early - around 6:30. Within 1/2 an hour, while my husband was getting ready for work and unable to help, twin2 helped empty his potty and dumped pee all over the floor/bathtub/cabinet, the toilet plugged with floaters (uhg), 2 poopy pull-ups, and a spilled glass of water in the office. I spent the half hour running from one mess to the other trying to keep the toddler out and keep the bodily waste from being spread throughout the house. An entire closet of towels later, messes were cleaned up.

Sometimes I feel like my life is in the toilet. It's nice when we are greeted with slow sunny mornings like today. Breakfast and tea are leisurely, kids wake at staggered times so I can deal with their morning demands one at a time - and yes, they are very demanding. In fact, I am being yelled at right now to come cuddle with twin2. I guess some demands are not so bad. :)

******
Kids are still sick with this awful cold. The cough seems to last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment