3/4/10

Cleaning House

Along with being pregnant seems to come a need to clean house. Usually, this comes in the form of organizing rooms to accommodate the new addition, or purging items that could harm the new baby or are too disgusting to keep around. This time the 'disgusting' seems to be the framework of the house. Last week, I spent 2 days cleaning the house: floors, dusting, window... This week I am painting. We still hadn't painted the ceilings since acquiring the house 3 years ago. And as this was a smokers house, the yellow, tar, green paint dappled ceilings needed to go. We tackled the kitchen in the fall and it looks beautiful. Now, the living room / dining room. The ceiling is now done. I managed to complete 7/8 of it all myself. My back, arms, and neck are very tired and sore, but the ceiling looks great. Now, on to the walls. Since having kids, the prep part seems to be taking a lot longer. There are plenty more holes and dents in the walls this time around, which means more filling, sanding, and priming. As of this morning, prep is done. Now, I get to see the new color on the walls. This is the exciting part. Next, the hallway!! He, he. My husband doesn't know this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment