6/6/12

In the Kitchen



One of the kids snapped this picture during one of their photo sessions.  This is where I can be found most of the time.  I think this is a picture of me making a yummy beet salad (steamed beets and kale, pine nuts, goat cheese, oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, maple syrup).  mmmm.

I will share a new recipe I created, inspired by a soup I consummed during our Anniversary dinner.  As I am not much for measuring, I will only put the ingredients.  Trial and error seems to work best for me and seldom do I make the same recipe twice.

Here goes.  Chickpea Soup

About 1 1/2 c cooked chick peas (drain if using canned)
2 c chicken stock
3 T lemon juice
salt
pepper

Put all ingredients in a soup pot and warm.  Blend.  Add extra lemon juice, salt, pepper to preference.  Add some sour cream on top.  Yummo.  I love the comfort and creaminess of chickpeas.


No comments:

Post a Comment