4/16/11

You Have Got to be Kidding Me!

Last weekend was a beautiful day. Gorgeous. In fact, that was the day we walked on the river with my nephew. He was still visiting and all 4 boys were out riding bikes in the front having a great time together. The baby chose this time to finally sleep longer than 40 minutes; however, this was making us late for dinner at her house. The twins were going to have a sleep over with Nan and Papa. Woohoo. I ran inside to phone mom and tell her the baby was sleeping and we were going to be late. I was not gone for more than 2 minutes. I am sure of it. But, when I headed back outside, 3 boys were staring at twin1 who was pulling his pants up with a huge smile on his face. I am thinking, oh well, he watered the grass. Nope. "Mom, I pooped!," he announced with pride. My mouth dropped. He pooped on the grass, right beside the road....and I mean he pooped. As a stiffled a laugh, I lectured about bacteria in people poop and how inappropriate it was....

Wouldn't you know it, a few days later we were hiking and twin1 stopped in the middle of the path bug eyed. I asked what was the matter. He had to go - now. I shuffled him over to the side of the path and whipped down his pants. He was very concerned, "but, mom, what about the bacteria?" I of course did not have a bag to clean up the poop this time. Next time, I will though. Hmmm. Sometimes, you just can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment