10/13/10

This and That

We had a great weekend. We actually managed to head out of the house for a bit. We visited the Corn Maze this weekend and had a blast as always - there are pictures to come. We managed to enter the maze for about 5 minutes, longer than the previous 2 years. And in that 5 minutes we did get lost. My husband and I were still rolling up our pants, from the mud, and the kids took off. There are 4 entrances at the start and we weren't sure which they took, or if they all took the same one. They had all gone down the first entrance and were found in seconds, though. The pumpkin patch, as always, was a hit, as well as the animals and mini hay maze. Next year we are hoping for 10 minutes in the maze. We left with some pumpkins and huge smiles. Always a blast, we will be back next year.

The following day, my husband took the twins to a hockey game. Fun, fun. And over the course of the weekend, we completed a number of small projects around the house. My husband even planned and started the new paint job on his hockey helmet. He does this so the kids can tell which one he is on the ice. What a great dad!

The baby is doing wonderfully. She is starting to be awake more often, and as a consequence has some cranky periods, although not many and not for long. She started smiling yesterday - real smiles, not just burp ones. She has to be carried a lot - all the time - every time I put her down, even for a minute, the other kids are all over her. The toddler is totally in awe of her, but he is a bit rough and thinks her eyes are a little too interesting. Consequently, I an either carrying her in my arms or in the carrier. My back is taking a bit of a beating. I guess I will have to start some tummy exercises sooner than I would have liked... Ug. I hate exercises. Also, this means dinner is usually cold as I cook it when I can through the afternoon. The other day, the roast chicken was ready at 3:30. Ah well, it all goes so fast and pretty soon there will be some other weird and wonderful organizational need.

All in all, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment