4/23/12

Life

I believe these were taken over a couple of days.  Here's what we have been up to.
 Quoridor.  Our new strategy game.  We love it.  It's rated for 6+ but as you can see a three year old seems capable as well.

 And what do you do when you find a pile of feathers at the bottom of our back window (poor bird, happy cat).  Well, you make a feather book of course.  Animal made the book all himself.  Yes, we washed our hands after.
 We removed the slide from the back deck to re-seed the back yard. Ha.  That is never going to come of anything with 4 kids running around back there.  But, the kids have re-purposed the slide as a bike ramp.
 I know.  No helmet.  I can't win them all.
 They are totally into their sand box lately.  They are building road ways and skyscrapers.  All the good stuff.  Very serious work.  Boy Blue acts as the demolition man, much to the displeasure of his older brothers.
And whats a beautiful day without a little chalk drawing on the drive way.  Fun.

We have also visited a wetlands park nearby.  We rode our bikes to the library and back.  This was quite a feat for LBB.  The veggie gardens are will on their way.  We hit the beach and built castles and dug trenches. The twins packed up so much gear (2 yard shovels, a yard rack, bucket, digger) into their wagon to go to the beach, the neighbors asked if they were moving out.  Of course, I had the pleasure of toting it all back including a stroller and BW.

I have been having some fun of my own.  I finished another pair of slippers.  They are much better than the first pair.  I have started a new quilt for G-ma in extended care.  I have also been dabbling into the world of homemade beauty products.  I made my own lotion.  The first batch was a coconut oil base which was too oily,  The second was cocoa butter/shea butter.  This one is lovely as a foot run cream, but the water seems to separate from it.  I will tackle this one again.  This morning I made deodorant.  Easy peasey, I have to say.  And on this warm day, I still smell good.  We'll see. 

At the moment, the boys are off golf coursing with Beefcake for a bit, BW is asleep and I am about to make a little headway on that quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment