9/15/11

First Day of School

Here is our first day of school group picture.  I promptly put the baby down for a nap.

Our day was spent cataloging our present stat's in 'All About Me..' books.  I hope to repeat this trend each year (if I remember), resulting in a keepsake collection.

This wasn't our first official day of school as we started co-op last week, but I refused to give up the opportunity to be free and roaming outside until the weather turned.  So, with our first cloudy, cool day upon us, we began - slowly.

If you think this guy is going to sit on the side lines, you are wrong.  He is right in there with us - until he gets bored and wonders off or starts provoking someone.

We are taking this slowly.  Basically we aren't doing things all that different.  However, I am enforcing a couch read aloud daily.  Although sometimes this doesn't happen until bedtime, but it does happen.  At the moment I am relishing in the lazy mornings and freedom of our whims.  Perhaps we will get more down to things when the weather really turns.  The days are certainly getting shorter already.

No comments:

Post a Comment