9/27/09

Ah the Weekend

Love the weekend. It's a chance for me to get a little respite from the SAHM syndrome. And I have to say that I am very happy that summer is over. I love the freedom of summer and the opportunity to swim and play outside, but I have to say, I am not exactly a fan of all the events that happen (ie. fairs, BBQs, golf tournaments...). As all MoM's know, events take a lot of planning and organization and pressure. At an event I am always on the lookout and feel like I have to be extra vigilant because people are watching....and they are. As a mom of twins, red headed twins, every time I leave the house, I am a spectacle and, as such, people tend to notice the hitting/pushing/yelling that goes on. You know, the MES (multiple escalation syndrome). Anything having to do with twins is not just double, its exponential and unless you have had twins your self, you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. And no, having two kids really close together is not the same thing. I am so happy that the events are over and we can once again hang out as a family. Some of the pressure is off. My husband is no longer covering holidays for fellow co-workers, or has an all day golf tournament to attend. We can once again have low stress breakfast at the family restaurant, despite the fact that twin1 pees all over the booth seat. I know it sounds selfish, but remember, if the wife is happy, everyone is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment