7/30/10

Busy Mommy

I get asked/told all the time how busy I must be. Well, I am officially too busy - atleast that is what my in-utero baby is trying to tell me. I met with my new maternity doctor yesterday and voiced some concerns about contractions that seemed a little stronger than Braxton hicks and as it turned out there was blood in my urine. So, over to the hospital I went to have a test to determine whether I was in labour. No, as it turned out I was not in labour and would not be soon - as long as the contractions stopped. However, I was contracting about every 3 minutes - not Braxton Hicks.

In went the IV, contractions slowed for 10 minutes, and then picked right back up again stronger. My cervix was checked - no changes (YA). But there was no way they were letting me leave that night. Ug.

After a sleepness night at the hospital, I was released with few contractions and ordered to take it easy for 2 weeks!!! Hmm, I thought. How does a mother of 3 extremely busy, young children take it easy?

We picked up the kids from my wonderful Mom and Dad and returned home to HUNGRY kids. Well. The kitchen was a disaster because I thought I would be home yesterday to clean it up, twin1 and the toddler started fighting while standing on a chair, twin2 pooped his pants and started argueing with Daddy..... Needless to say, within 15 minutes of arriving home contractions started up again. So, fed the kids as quickly as we could while trying to smarten up their attitudes with some timeouts. Off to bed went the toddler. Off to the stores went my husband and twins in an attempt to sleep the cranky defiance away. Off I went to try and catch up on some missed sleep from last night. HA. Like I will ever catch up on missed sleep!

So, with this pregnancy I have discovered that this girl is going to run me through the ringer emotionally and with stress. She has already decided that I am not going to boss her around - she is the official queen and I am to stand down!! OH NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment